* Morning Thoughts is a concept taken from my brother in the light of “Let no one else’s work evade your eyes” in a song by Tom Lehrer.
For now, this is an experimental page that will not appear on the open menu. Access is from my Blog (or another page to be determined later) and will appear each time the blog (or page) is posted.
If I continue with this on the blog, I’ll just update it.
In the meantime: Real answers to Qs on the last two posts.
From July 5.
- Q: When did you publish your first work?
- A: I don’t remember the date, but Reader’s Digest used my submission for its “All in a Day’s Work” section. Click to Read.
- Q: How much were you paid for your first article?
- A: $150, that’s about $2.50 a word, I’ve not made that much since.
- Q: Did you study English in College?
- A: No.
- Q: Are you working on another book?
- A: Yes.
- Q: How many characters should be in a novel?
- A: Only as many as needed to tell the story.
- Q: Are you planning another book or article?
- A: Technically no, but when a topic comes to mind, I often do a start without a plan.
From July 12:
- Q: Did you serve in the armed forces?
- A: Yes, the Army Security Agency.
- Q: What college did you attend?
- A: My BA is from Central Washington U and my MS is from Portland State U.
- Q: What brand was your first computer?
- A: An Apple II with no hard drive.
- Q: Are you working on another article?
- A: No.
- Q: When was your last contact with another writer?
- A: In this era of Covid-19, face to face was on or about March 1, 2020, but we didn’t talk writing. My last online discussion was just last week.
- Q: Is yard work a diversion from writing?
- A: Yard work can be a diversion or just a break, I often consider doing both or either.